10 New Ways to Cook Quinoa
A few years ago I made my first dish with Quinoa. I made a rookie mistake and did not rinse the dry Quinoa thoroughly first so it had a bitter taste that no one in my family liked. Lately though I gave it another try and now it has become a weekly part of our menu. I rinse well, pop it in my VitaClay, and then add it to a variety of yummy dishes. My husband loves it with Ahi Tuna and green curry sauce. The kids and I love it in a salad. There are many ways to cook and eat this yummy grain.
Looking for some new recipes I asked on the NatureMoms Facebook page what the community’s favorite way to cook Quinoa was. They gave me ten new ideas:
1. Cooked with brown rice in the rice cooker. Then topped steamed broccoli and sauteed veggies in sesame teriyaki sauce.
2. Wrapped in a burrito with corn and beans.
3. Steamed with fresh veggies and covered in a vinaigrette.
4. Mixed with black beans, scrambled egg, diced avocado and lots o’ hot sauce w/ a squeeze of lime.
5. In tabouli replacing the wheat.
6. Browned with a little butter first then cooked with with mushrooms, slivered almonds, and nettles.
7. Mixed half and half with homemade salsa.
8. After it is cooked… add black beans, diced tomatoes, minced garlic, sea salt, avocado, cilantro and squeeze some lime juice.
9. Fruity quinoa salad with yogurt, fruit, nuts, and dried raisins or cranberries. The quinoa is cooked w/water, apple juice, and cinnamon. YUM!
10. Cooked in chicken or veggie stock instead of water with several cloves of garlic and a bunch of my favorite herbs.
See anything you might like to try? Enjoy!
For more ideas checkout:
Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood
The post 10 New Ways to Cook Quinoa appeared first on Nature Moms.