Today cloud is the new normal, and a must for any business to take their operations online while making the business scalable, streamlined, and cost-effective. Though to shift data, processes along with existing software onto a reliable cloud platform isn’t always easy. It is now about drag and drop it from one place to another. So whether it is about moving to the cloud from a traditional on-premise system, or you’re thinking about migrating from your current cloud service provider to another one – help is here with AWS.
AWS Cloud migration simply refers to the process of moving one’s data, documents, and the entire digital operations to the technology behemoth’s cloud computing service. This process cloud migration process, similar to those involving other cloud computing platforms, entails migration of apps, IT processes, data, etc. from one on-premises system or other similar data centers to that of the AWS Cloud. Listed below are some of the key benefits of the AWS Cloud migration to help you understand why it continues to become increasingly popular in the modern market.
- Savings: One of the biggest benefits of switching to AWS Cloud is the cloud savings that come with it, thanks to the pay-per-use model employed by the company. AWS Cloud’s pay-per-use model significantly cuts down companies’ total cost of ownership for cloud-based systems and such.
- Security: With AWS Cloud, companies are protected by a system that is fortified with the world’s best security tools. AWS Cloud was developed to ensure compliance with the highest security needs, offers security tools to help companies track and safeguard their data in the cloud.
- Scalability: Cloud computing empowers companies with the agility to quickly scale their IT infrastructure to successfully keep up with any type of changes in demands or requirements.
Now, here is a list of some of the most important tools you will need to help with the migration process.
- AWS Cloud Adoption Readiness Tool (CART): One of the most important tools offered by AWS is CART which helps the company gauge the facility’s preparedness and offers insights and guidance about possible next steps.
- AWS Application Discovery Services: This particular tool is aimed at helping companies to collect vital data about their on-premises servers. This, in turn, helps ensure the companies have access to the requisite insights as well as information to help them put together a robust migration strategy. The Application Discovery Services tool factors in insights gleaned from the company’s data center, etc. to ensure a better grasp on their processes and workloads.
- AWS Marketplace: AWS Marketplace empowers companies with access to a world of trusted tools that have been specially designed to facilitate migrations. In addition to providing a plethora of tools for migration, the AWS Marketplace also helps companies cut down their costs by doing away with the need for purchasing in-perpetual licenses.
- VMWare Cloud on AWS: The key benefit of VMware Cloud on AWS is that it enables the migration of hundreds of vSphere virtualized apps in a matter of days and that too without taking a toll on the company’s operations in the VMware Cloud environments. The tool offers minimized latency, high networking throughput, etc. to enable quick migration of data centers to the cloud.
The process of application migration to AWS cloud may seem like a daunting task at first and understandably so; after all, it involves so many different factors and each of them must be carefully considered. Despite all the apparent challenges and such on the way to cloud migration, the fact remains that the process stands to deliver a world of benefits, including cost reduction, improved performance, etc., for any organization that chooses to switch to AWS Cloud. So, what are you waiting for? To find a reliable partner for the transition and be on your way to the cloud ASAP.